Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Fashion

Phillip Crangi for Vera Wang

Robert Lee Morris for Donna Karan
Christian Lacroix per Style.com

Accessorize, Accessorize.

The fashion industry and jewelry have been going through beautiful relationship as of late. It’s all over the fashion mags, that big, chunky and statement jewelry is the way to amp up an outfit. I just hope that this current relationship lasts longer than the trysts fashion has with all the other trends. In general, jewelry and the craft is experiencing a revolution of sorts. Collectible and significant jewelry must no longer be made of precious materials but more should be made with innovation of materials and daring conceptuality.

The big players in the fashion industry have taken notice and enlisted well known jewelers to collaborate with them.

When I flip through fashion magazines and read about which jewelers are collaborating with fashion designers I find myself wanting to be there, be in that world but at the same time I hesitate to think of the massive competition but of course, the competition is there no matter which direction I go in.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate