Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Well of inspiration












Where does my inspiration come from? In short, everywhere, but mainly I find myself reinterpreting art into something wearable. Last year I subscribed to ARTNews, I thought it'd be a great way to keep up with the art world but I found that it's mainly for painters and museum peeps. However, it has been a great source of inspiration, seeing the works of other artists is inspiring.
Here you'll find my latest project, I loved how Stanley meshes all these vibrant colors with black slashes all over it. And with this piece I'll be challenging myself to try new techniques, riveting and layering metal upon metal, along with creating a different kind of chain. I can't wait to see the end product but along the way I'm forcing myself to think through every part of the process...lesson learned from 'the fire'. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate