Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Thursday, June 18, 2009

music

I listen to music pretty much every day…I can’t imagine a day without it. I wake up to the local jazz station when my alarm radio goes off. I download new music almost daily. I listen to Pandora at work and play my IPOD as I walk to the metro and on the metro…there are some days though that I take a break from the IPOD…it’s nice to listen to random conversations.

Anywho, music is ALWAYS playing when I’m making jewelry or prepping. 95% of the time it’s jazz music, I can’t have too much craziness going on while I’m trying to concentrate. When I was in college the only jazz I listened to was Billie Holiday, I was obsessed with her and listened to the cd I checked out from the library nonstop. Then about 2 years ago I dated someone that had great musical taste and he made me several cd’s of jazz (Coltrane, Miles Davis, Sonny Rollins along with funk and blues). Music was the best thing that came out of that relationship!

Needless to say, the wonderful thing about music is that you can always discover some new song or a sound you’ve never heard and it’s such a revelation.

*Current jazz obsession, Nina Simone, such a powerful woman to look up to.

Here are several of the songs that I’m currently obsessed with.

See, I can't even imbed my own songs! I'll just list them:

1. Nina Simone - I want more and then Some

2. Miles Davis - Generique (listed below)

3. Aretha Franklin - Baby, I love you

4. Etta James - I don't want it

----------------
Now playing: Miles Davis - Generique


via FoxyTunes

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate