Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Sunday, June 21, 2009

productive day

I had a good, successful day at the studio. As evidenced by the ring to the left. Everything seemed to work so smoothly today, I didn't have to solder anything twice, the bezel fit perfectly. I haven't had a day like this in a long time. I've been collecting cabochons for awhile now and have just begun to put them to good use. Now I have a big ass ring to sport on my lovely hand, makes me a happy girl.
However, even completing a successful project doesn't come with out it's lessons. I could've mixed up the back of the ring and piereced a pretty design or elevated the cab. I'm not completely done with the ring, so I'm thinking of giving the bezel some texture with my Fretz hammer...but I have to be careful with the stone, it's soft. All in all, I'm quite happy with myself! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate