Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Saturday, January 29, 2011

wrapped around your little finger

Last nights Design with Wine was alot of fun! I had wonderful participants that were all very creative in how they designed their wire wrapped jewelry. As you can see above, Rebecca, one of the participants loved her necklace so much she had to wear it out!
I was really impressed with Lynette's wire-wrapped pendant and wrapped necklace. The agate she brought in was very smooth and presented challenges with wrapping wire around it, but she successfully got the copper wire to hold the bead.
Terry and Sylvia (first women in the table shot above) were great fun and are both avid beaders and jewelry enthusiasts, I enjoyed getting to know them.
And of course the ladies definitely enjoyed the wine and snacks. It reminded me of my days of scrapbooking, long time ago my friend and I would go to her aunt's scrapbooking store and make pages and have a little wine and cheese, it was always fun.

At the end of the class I asked the participants for feedback and advice, and they offered up great suggestions. It's really important to me, as a somewhat new teacher, to understand how I can be better and provide a quality class.

After hosting my first Design with Wine class, I can say that I'd definitely do it again!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate