Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Friday, January 7, 2011

clustered jewelry

This is a quick snapshot of my dresser; where most of my jewelry boxes reside as well as small altar ornaments.  An old friend and coworker gave me the blue hand and it's perfect for hanging all my rings and prayer beads...whatever I can hang on it!

I've begun to run out of room to store and display my jewelry.  You're probably thinking, didn't Lisette say she was making a jewelry box?  It is one of my unfinished projects.  I'm on the fence as to whether or not I want to finish it because (a). I dislike having unfinished projects and (b).  I said I was going to finish HOWEVER, it's not the best made box...I didn't glue it up very well.  So, should I finish it for the sake of finishing it, or chuck it and come to the conclusion that I'm not good at making wooden boxes?

Anywho, the angel was also a gift from a friend and I love dressing her up with all my jewelry.  One way I like to display my jewelry is to create 'mini' altars around my apartment.  I'll keep a cluster round stones, a little buddha statue or some photo along with a bracelet, ring, necklace, pendant...laying near it or on top of it.

Where do you store your jewelry?  

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate