Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Wednesday, January 26, 2011

raising and plaiting

A little update on my raising and forming class with Tim Lazure, it's going pretty good. I've decided for my first project to create a bowl imitating a snail's shell and then using prisma color to add a pop. Before I apply the color though I want to do some repousse work.
Here I am raising my copper bowl (at 8am in the morning) that I initially sank. I really hope my idea comes out the way I plan...sometimes you never know, especially when you're trying a new process.

Speaking of which, below is my plaiting project for my textiles class. Plaiting is another term for basketry, it's a wonderful way to give a strong structure using a light material.
Next up in textiles, fabric dyeing!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate