Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Friday, January 14, 2011

sunken

Here's a snapshot of my notebook and my 2nd 'sunken' bowl.  It's a 6 inch, 18 gauge copper disk that I started sinking on Wednesday.  I've taken raising and forming, but a looooong time ago (probably 3 years ago) and I learned a new method from Tim Lazure, using a different kind of hammer and then planishing it.  

I think I'm really going to enjoy this class, Tim is a good teacher and makes it easy to understand new methods; for those of us that don't know them!

My goal for this course is to make a silver baby cup for my newborn niece, Doris.  She's a beautiful little munchkin, I can't wait until she gets older and shows more of her personality.  Here's a photo of my brother making her smile.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate