Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Sunday, January 30, 2011

Oh if I could travel for a day

Today, I'd fly to Germany and visit the Pinakothek Der Moderne - Museum, where the video below was shot and absorb all the fascinating international jewelry.



About 10 years ago I traveled to Europe and visited Amsterdam and the coast off the Netherlands. At that time in my life I wasn't a jewelry maker, nor much of a jewelry aficionado, but now...oh it'd be different, I'd schedule my trip around jewelry galleries and exhibitions.

video via Katie Jayne of Kaleidoscope blog.
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Good luck to you then. Just like you, I'm not really into jewels also but when I discovered how precious they are and lovely, half of my life was on them. I collect as much as I can especially those hard to find.
    Next week, my next stop is at Echo of the Dreamer jewelry. A good friend of mind introduces the store and she said they had great jewelries at store.

    ReplyDelete

Translate