Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Friday, June 3, 2011

Embossed cards

Some close up shots of my embossed cards. I'm really psyched about them, they provide a consistent and professional look to my jewelry.

The above embossing was the second try, with smaller text and
with Jewelry at the bottom...geez that was a test in my sawing skills!

Here is a very general guide to how I embossed my cards - it was very simple, even if you don't have a print roller, you could still emboss cards or paper.
What I did:
  • Print out my logo, but in smaller text; pasted the paper onto a sheet nickel silver (someone left out the perfect size in the studio) or any other cheap metal
  • Pierced out the words (was not an easy task), file and sanded the metal smooth,
  • Then I placed my pierced nickel silver on the print roller,
  • moistened the BFK paper (special and soft),
  • then rolled it through so that it embossed my paper and voila, I have my own packaging paper!
And larger text of Eilisain.

I plan on adding color to the text, I bought some purple ink and plan on trying it out this weekend. We'll see how that goes!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate