Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Thursday, April 28, 2011

what I've been making in the studio



It's finals week at school and I've been in the studio everyday...most of the day. Not only working on these two fun brooches but also on my reliquary.

In these two brooches I used the turtle 'skin' my Dad gave me along with the black coral I've been storing. I tried two new techniques with these, resin and plexiglass. I really like the brooch above but I'm not sure how I feel about the brooch below...something's missing.

Lately I've been going through a period of questioning myself and not sketching and investigating as much as I'd like; I attribute it to the lack of time I had this semester and taking three studios classes: Jewelry 1, raising and forming and textiles.

I'm hoping that this summer I'll catch up and get past my 'jeweler's block'.

Anywho, thank you for reading!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate