Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Wednesday, April 27, 2011

recent issue of Metalsmith

Vol. 31, Issue 2

This Spring issue of Metalsmith is really, really good. It is chock-full of great articles. The Society of North American Goldsmiths puts out Metalsmith, a trade publication for all kinds of 'metalsmiths' whether your a papersmith, goldsmith, silversmith or professional jeweler.

I hadn't renewed my subscription since last year because I just couldn't afford it but after seeing the cover of this issue with Ramon Puig Cuyas recent work, I was salivating to have my own copy. There are three articles about Mexican jewelry and the Taxco history of silversmithing...all in preparation for my Mexican adventure this summer! Oh and a great article about Robin Quigley, head professor at RISD (Rhode Island School of Design) and her evolution of work.

I highly recommend you sign up or order this issue because it's definitely good for any metalsmith's reading collection.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate