Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Saturday, May 18, 2013

I've been gone so long!

wow, I haven't posted this long in awhile.  Things have been a bit busy, with getting ready for the Momentary Myth exhibition and trying to get my jewelry in new boutiques I haven't had as much time for blogging or other projects.  

Plus I've been enjoying this month, I love May and the spring when the weather is warmer and I can be outside more often.  I've been playing tennis and running, trying to get more fit and healthy.  

What else have I been up to? Reading! 
The cover and title of Lapham's recent issue, Animals, of course drew me in! And the Lark book, Vintage Jewelry Design and price was too good to resist.  I consider this reading research for my project this summer, preparing for a fashion show I'm organizing!!!

Yes you heard it first here, I'm planning a fashion show, showcasing jewelry and clothing inspired by golden nights, or as the title I've created: Aurelian Nights.  for now it's a bit of a secret but I can't wait to have the first planning meeting with my time.

Steal like an artist is great for anyone, suggestions and advice on how to nurture creativity and lessons from experienced artists.  From Kleon's book, I'm going to take away the advice to be inspired and also blog more about what excites me and has me thinking grand ideas.  

thanks for reading!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate