Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Thursday, March 10, 2011

spring break in the studio

Having a week free to work on my copper vessel and catching up on work has been wonderful. I don't want it to end! I get to sleep in and hit the gym and then head into the studio. Today I spent most of the afternoon in the studio planishing my copper container.

Sometimes I like planishing, it's somewhat meditative and you don't have to think too much, just make sure you hammer at the 'sweet spot' - for that 'ting' of the steel hammer meeting the copper with the steel stake on the other side HOWEVER, my hands and forearms do not like planishing.

I get so wiped out from raising and forming! Anywho, here are some shots of where I'm at.
Okay, my vessel is somewhat skewed to the right however it'll look way better once I chase it.
thx for reading!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate