Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Monday, March 21, 2011

David Huang bowls

Luminous Relic 724

Sensual Radiance 866

Whorled Flow 877-2

Whorled Flow 877-4

I was recently browsing new work on Crafthaus and spied a new bowl from David Huang. His chasing and repoussee work is amazing. He creates entrancing swirls on his bowls and then applies gold leaf on the inside as well as gorgeous patinas, like the blue/green one above.

As I've worked on my copper vessel, I'm becoming aware of how the metal moves and behaves according to the type of hammer I use and how I want to manipulate it. Looking at David's work, I'm challenged to stick with this new technique and not be tempted to give up when I'm frustrated.

Hope you enjoy his work as much as I do - and thank you for reading!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate