Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Tuesday, March 1, 2011

my hands

I'm so grateful for my hands, somedays it really hits me, how I am so blessed to have the opportunity to make and create. Even on days like today, when I come home drained from a day of running around the studio - I still love it. I just love handling metal, bending and shaping it.

I got into the studio early this morning and worked on making a taper and finishing up my hinge sample.

Then I was off to my textiles survey class, which I'm really enjoying. Today I painted a silk scarf; painting silk scarves is almost like water color painting but much easier; if you choose and blend your colors well, you can create some beautiful designs, especially if you use a resist to create patterns.

My inspiration was bird feathers (I always go back to them). But not peacock feathers but the green one in my sketchbook, bottom left corner.
I chose to do an abstraction of the feather, the colors came out well, I did some more dyeing, this isn't the final stage, I still have to steam my scarf.My dyes and brushes.Here are some photos of my scarf and my classmates.
I love the elegance of all three of the scarves.


Well, enough for today - gonna get some rest.

Thank you for reading!
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Lovely images, Lisette, Your hands do beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Mrs. Figley! I'll have to make you a scarf soon, they are so much fun to make!

    ReplyDelete

Translate