Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Thursday, September 24, 2015

Rituals and the meaning of repition

Religion has fascinated me for a long time, the belief in a higher power and the way energy transforms in our world.  And with that I love how the rituals of all religions can create a sense of peace and deep introspection.

So this post is dedicated to rituals and what it's meant in my personal and work life being a jeweler.  I thought about this earlier today as I read through my notebooks and calendar.  Writing in a diary has been one of my constant rituals; as it really helps me to accomplish my goals and dreams.   Continually writing and verbalizing my thoughts is essential to achieving them. 

I listened to a podcast recently, on the Launch Grow Joy show and there was such a profound statement by the guest, that words are energy and the energy that we put out into the universe truly does have a lasting effect.  Just saying a statement or affirmation creates a snowball effect that, when repeated, can make that affirmation true. 

Of course I've known the power of rituals but often times, I forget or lose touch with those affirmations and rituals.  With running a small business and juggling three jobs my sacred and quiet time gets pushed aside.  I decided that this year I'd make a concentrated effort to meditate, read more and spend time reflecting on what I want for the future and verbalizing it. 

Thanks for reading and stay lovely!
Lisette
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate