Key word is SHARE our planet and regions. We don't need more strip malls, or parking decks we need more land to enjoy and make this earth keep healthy and growing.
I recently read of a mountain lion's death due in part to the major highways surrounding Los Angeles, it's sad to think an animal can't roam freely due to traffic and cars.
Then of course we heard about Cecil, the beautiful lion that was shot by Dr Walter Palmer when on a hunting expedition in Zimbabwe. Large cats are endangered and so few of them exist.
So the question is how do we protect these animals? There are several things you can do from the comfort of your own home, without having to get out of your chair!
- Adopt an animal via the World Wildlife Fund. Here's a link to adopt a lion.
- You can give a donation to the Center for Biological Diversity (one of my favorite nonprofits). Eilisain Jewelry donates to them twice yearly.
- You can email your Congressperson today and tell them to support legislation that restricts deforestation and protecting habitat for endangered cats
- Talk to your friends and family about taking proactive steps to protecting animals and wildlife by signing petitions and posting on social media
- Take an active part in learning about the wildlife and animals in your region and how you can help maintain their habitat. IT all starts in your backyard.
Thank you for reading and sharing this message!