Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Friday, January 10, 2014

5th Annual ECU Metals Symposium: Image and Meaning

As I was typing this post I couldn't believe that it's been five years since the first symposium!!!

It gets better and better with each year.  I always look forward to the symposium because it's a reunion of sorts, with alumni visiting the school as well as Art Avenue and catching up with old friends and making new ones.  

With that I'll do a very short review of some of the events that will be happening in conjunction.  

The poster with a list of the presenters and workshops.  The ECU Metals guild does such an
awesome job of making everyone welcomed at ECU and Greenville. 


Of course Art Avenue is participating in the fun; we'll be hosting the exhibition curated by Mariah Ross, Nick Heyl and Samantha Clarke.  
And I'm especially excited to view the Reliquary Redux exhibition.  Reliquaries have such special meaning, it'll be interesting to see the many interpretations.  
The Reliquary Redux is curated by Danielle James, Kate Speranza and Zach Lechtenberg.


Psst. for first ECU Symposium post on my blog, click HERE and second click here
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate