Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The year of growth and letting go

I don't usually write my personal or business goals on my blog; I've often felt they are too personal to publish however there is power and debt to making a public proclamation.  

And I do feel a sense of announcing goals here because then I can look back at the end of 2013 and see if I held to them.

But first I will reflect upon 2012:
  1. Graduated with my BFA in metal design/jewelry from ECU
  2. Advanced my business by selling in brick and mortar stores/galleries
  3. Curated my first exhibition (Preyed Upon)
To me these are the top three accomplishments, I feel moderately satisfied in them, though I wish I had pushed myself more artistically.  Which leads me to 2013, I have five goals which are more broad:
  1. Advance my business further; in revenue and sales outlets
  2. Curate two exhibitions (one in the spring and one in the fall)
  3. Create a new artistic body of work
They are similar to last year but double the work.  It will be a challenge to get my business off the ground - but I'm not alone; my boyfriend and family have been so supportive and encouraging of my dream, I feel confident it will continue to be successful!

And now I leave you with an image from the Alexander McQueen exhibition, Savage Beauty.  I recently purchased a book about the amazing designer and I'm inspired by his past collections and how he worked.

I also would like to wish you a wonderful and happy 2013!!  Thank you for reading!

Savage Beauty - Alexander McQueen (image from MOMA)  
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate