Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Sunday, May 8, 2011

Dirty LAM studios open house

Parents in arms: Mario Paredes' Mom and Laura Wood's Mom, two very supportive ladies
Ms. Laura Wood posing in front of her studio space and with an Andy Denton mug!

Autumn Brown's lovely display case.
Her porcelain mini-sculptures are like small worlds!

Autumn's studio space/workstation.

This past Friday evening was the open house for Dirty LAM studios (Laura Wood, Autumn Brown and Matt Amante shared studio space).

It was a fun event and really great to see their new space and how they work in their respective mediums: Laura with paper and metal, Autumn with porcelain and metal and Matt with his sculptures. I also learned how Laura stores all her pulp and Autumn with her porcelain. Unfortunately I didn't get any photos of Matt's space and work.

LAM studios participated in Greenville's First Friday art walk, residents can ride a trolley and visit all the local art studio's, galleries and participating restaurants and business'. It's a wonderful way to nurture Greenville's small but burgeoning art scene.

It's super comforting and reassuring to see my friends and fellow metalsmiths establish themselves and open their own studios. Hopefully I can do the same one day.

Thank you for reading and visiting my friends websites!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate