Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Friday, May 27, 2011

Colonial silversmithing

Whoa - I wish I'd seen this video months ago when I was trying to chase my first bowl! Often process techniques don't occur to oneself until you see someone do it and then it's an aha moment, or for me, "duh?!"




I will say that when I'm sinking a bowl I use a much larger hammer and more hallowed out tree stump. Lately I've really been getting into raising and forming. My goal is to have three 3.5 inch diameter bowls raised, planished and chased by mid-summer for the trunk show. I've already got one raised and planished, and another half raised - so I'm almost there!

Thanks for reading and have a great Memorial Day weekend!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate