Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Monday, May 23, 2011

guess what my earrings are made of?


Beaver teeth!! A fellow metalsmith student gifted me beaver teeth and jaw bone her Dad had gotten from a beaver he hunted - I wasn't sure what to do with them but after some consideration, why not wear beaver teeth as earrings?

I'm really psyched about them and plan on acquiring more. As far as ethics go, yes I am a total animal lover but I feel that hunting is human and animal nature and as long as we protect the habitat and respect the animal we should be able to hunt them. Of course, I'm usually not the one hunting them...however since living in Eastern NC for the past 2 years, I'm somewhat tempted to experience what 'hunting' is like.

Most of what I make has organic elements to them, bone, coral, nuts, stones - pretty much anything that comes from the earth and looks weird and fascinating.

Thanks for reading!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate