Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Collagraph in Printmaking

For the first part of summer I'm taking a printmaking class, and I'm quite enjoying it. I'd always been intrigued by the craft/art form since purchasing several lovely prints from classmates.

Our first project is a collagraph, which is a basic collage in the beginning and then sealing it with polyacrylic, allow to dry and then coating with black ink. Then you roll the inked print through a roller onto BFK paper (super soft paper) and the raised and recessed forms give you an interesting and abstracted image (depending on how you arranged your collaged pieces.My collagraph was to evoke an image of an underwater seascape, with seaweed and odd floating creatures. I think I somewhat captured that image.

Hope you enjoyed reading and thanks for visiting my blog.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate