Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Friday, October 29, 2010

Featured Artist: Joshua Craig




Over the past month or so, you may have noticed, I've mentioned Joshua Craig's name several times. He is a new graduate student of ECU's metals and jewelry program. I've gotten to know him more over the past month and seen his influence and presence have an effect in the grad program and also undergrad studio.

Needless to say, I'm very happy he chose to attend ECU. His work is, to use one of my favorite words, KICK-ASS!

I really love his vessels and enamel work. Josh has a great breadth of work - going from chased bowls to thread-wrapped spiculums.

Most recently, he gave me one of his brooches that I was coveting for a long time. I pretty much told him to give it to me but he was very gracious to actually pretend like he didn't notice!!!

Anywho, check out some of his work below...you'll be enchanted.






The brooch above, is simply beautiful.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate