Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Friday, October 15, 2010

me lucky charms!

Several weeks ago the ECU metals guild held our 5th charms swap (beginning to lose count of how many we've held!). We had a great turnout, with several of the new grad students joining us, along with Ken Bova, visiting metals instructor.
Josh Craig's 'legwarmer/spiculum brooch' below, Sarah West's silver honeycomb and several others I can't remember.A wooden charm and silver nutbolt charm from 2 undergrad metal students.
Mine is below (with the purple and red riveted beads), Tara Locklear's cement and painted jewels along with Ken Bova's fun saw frame.
I really enjoy the charms swaps, it's a great way for us to get away from the studio in a more informal setting and marvel at our different styles. So far I have 4 charms, it's fun to show them off and represent each other. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate