Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Friday, October 8, 2010

Going with the grain


So I've been making a rectangular box in my wood survey class at ECU. It's taken awhile, as there are about 12 students in the class and we did all different size boxes and that means the machines are being used at the same time or because of safety issues we need our teacher to help us.

At first I was a little scared of the machines, such as a table saw, miter saw, planer and jointer. The miter saw was especially scary because of the large blade and sound. But I'm getting more comfortable.

It's hard to make a wooden box! Below is a shot of the box glued together and sanded with rough 150 grit paper and then I'll move up. And I still have to make the lid! ack. Wish me luck.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate