Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Sunday, October 3, 2010

tentacles

Above are the 'tentacle' wax molds ready to be sprued. I hollowed out the back, so they aren't so heavy and I don't need to use alot of silver. We'll cast these on Monday and see how they come out.

In the meantime, I'm going to ECU's Metal Guild Charm swap! This time it's going to be a brunch, I'm bringing bacon and spinach quiche.

Here is a quick shot of my charm.
Initially this piece of silver and riveted coral were meant to be a pendant but then I abandoned it for a bit and came back with fresh eyes and decided it was meant to be an odd looking charm.

Another reason I'm excited to attend the charm swap is to show off a brooch my friend made, Josh Craig, he's a new metals grad student. I first noticed Josh's work from Crafthaus and then further when he attended ECU's first Materials Symposium. I'm quite taken by his bowls and now his brooches....hopefully we'll do a trade in the future.

Here's his brooch:
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate