Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Friday, May 7, 2010

David Bowie sings "eewwwww, ewwww fassss-shion"

I had that song in my head as I was writing this post. Clothing and textiles have always had an influence on me, artistically as well as how I dress.

When I was about 10-12 years old I wanted to be a fashion designer, I even had an inspiration board and wrote a paper for my class submitting some of my designs. I got an A on that paper and my teacher supported my aspirations...she was one of those awesome, nurturing teachers.

Anywho, I thought I'd share some recent fashion show outfits.

Lovely patterns provide ideas for layering metal, fabric and organic materials.

Purple and black - 2 of my favorite colors!
Anna Sui Spring RTW from Style.com
Any shot of black with a shot of peacock feather automatically gets attention for me. That is what I love about black.
The way Bibhu layers squares of fabric near the bottom of the dress is beautiful.
Bibhu Mohaptra from Style.com

When I look at new runway looks and just fashion in general I begin to think, how it may apply to metal/jewelry. How would I reinterpret the same look but with jewelry?
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Jewelry blogs contain all the information you need on jewelry like Gemstone Jewelry. You might wonder what kind of information you might need, but the truth is that there are a lot of things you don't know about the art involved and the material used in different pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, and I like that mystery of art.

    ReplyDelete

Translate