Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Sunday, August 2, 2009

Going away

Saying goodbye is so hard to do. 2 more weeks before I pack up and leave for North Carolina. I'm very, very excited but I know that within these last 2 weeks I must tie loose ends, give big hugs, share a last drink and say goodbye to the DC metro area.
I know, it's not the last time I'll be here however, it's an end to the life I've led. Working in the city, commuting to Old Town to work at the shop or the Torpedo Factory. Life isn't going to be the same. I'm used to this tho, growing up as an Army brat, I always knew that I'd have to say goodbye. It was hard but at the same time it got me used to adjusting and meeting new people. And since I moved back here in 2002, I crave that newness and different environment.
So, today I studio sat again for Jenae, and I worked on another ring but also studied the process of 2 current projects.
Below is the first sketch I did of the necklace I've begun. The pendants will be enameled but I'm debating on acid etching them to utilize the champ levee technique OR I could pierce out a tree and solder it on...however the silver is already 18 gauge so there is no need add more silver.
I've decided to wait until I get to school...I sorta don't have a choice since I have no access to enamels or a kiln.


This is the photo that inspired me. It's a cave in Puerto Rico. the clutch was part of the triangular inspiration.
....getting distracted and watching True Blood. Not going to have HBO when I'm in college. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate