Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Style, Businesswoman crush


I'll admit it I have total woman crushes; female role models.
Especially creative, feminist and brilliant genius women that own themselves - they inspire me. Lately I've been reading more and more about Diane von Furstenberg and how she's recreated herself many times, rising up from the ashes of failure.

A recent article in the New York Times profiles von Furstenberg. She talks about why she markets herself in one category, women's wear; not children's clothing or men's. She also justifies primarily hiring women for her company. She's the kind of wise woman I want to be one day. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate