Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Monday, August 24, 2009

shiny new coral necklace!

So here is the necklace I redid from my previous post. Now, I am happy with my necklace, it's fun and subtle. I added a Panamanian 'reprosa' bead. Reprosa is short hand for Reproducciones y Originales, S.A.
My Mom has given me some reproductions of Pre-Columbian jewelry and I always love mixing it in the necklaces I make. They are very unique and completely recognizable. Most of the jewelry they create is indicative of the their surroundings, frogs, flowers, birds and much more. The Panama Post has a great article on their factory and process.

I'll have to visit their factory next time I visit Panama....which may be for awhile (since I'm in school and accruing debt). I LOVE visiting my family their, nothing like your native country to awaken patriotism. Don't get me wrong, I love the U.S. for all it's wonderful conveniences but when I travel to Panama, I'm brought back to my roots. Fried plantains, mango juice and the beautiful beaches.

The last time I was there I bought a lovely burnt coral necklace - I get so many compliments on it and so next time I'm there, I plan on investigating where I can get more! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate