Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Friday, October 2, 2015

Monsters Under the Bed exhibition opening tonight

The title for this exhibition is just too perfect for the Halloween season.  I'm happy to announce the Bast one of a kind necklace was accepted into this show.

Granted cats aren't monsters under the bed however ghosts do linger and perhaps even ghosts of animals? The First Friday Artwalk is this evening in Uptown Greenville and Monsters Under the Bed will be exhibiting at Art Avenue, you can RSVP for the event here

As I've written previously, Bast is the patron deity of cats in Egyptian culture and this cat specifically was the remains of my husbands family cat.  I'm paying her homage by having her next life be as a necklace.  But really what I felt was appropriate for the exhibition is that skulls and skeletons are spooky, they're hollow and bereft of life.  

If you're out and about tonight, please do stop by Art Avenue to see this very well curated exhibition; I already got a peak at some of the pieces and some are super haunting and a bit scary!

Bast necklace, 2015. Photo by Tara Locklear
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate