Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Tuesday, October 16, 2012

National Women's Small Owned Business Month

"Forty years ago, women owned just 5 percent of all small businesses. Today, women own 30 percent, which equals a total of 7.8 million companies generating $1.2 trillion a year in sales." - Karen Mills, SBA Adminstrator

How awesome and amazing is that? I love it that nowadays women don't even have to question the thought of whether or not they can dream of owning a business, because we can.  It's more of a question of financing one.  I'm on the email list from the SBA and I've found it so helpful and informative - business logic is not my forte so I really try to educate myself. 

Celebrate national women's small owned business month by purchasing or supporting small owned business' - it's the little steps, like buying tea from the local tea shop versus your usual latte from Starbucks (which is already rich) or buying a dress from a locally owned consignment shop. I did that just the other day, instead of buying a Coca-cola, I bought Honest Tea (not the biggest jump but closer).

Thank you for reading! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate