Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Donating to good causes

Seems like silent auctions are popular right now.  ECU students and faculty were invited to contribute artwork to a local silent auction, the 4th Annual CWC (Carter Williams Carpreso)
Art Show and Silent Auction in Wilmington to be held at 621N4th Gallery.  There will be a live music, slam poetry.

Forty percent of the proceeds from each item sold will be given to the Avon Foundation Breast Cancer Crusade.  I'm very happy that I was able to send three pieces of jewelry to the show.  Below is a recent ring I finished with a beautiful green hiddenite gemstone. 

If you live in the Wilmington, NC area - go to this event, from the photos posted on the FB event there are some very beautiful pieces of art work up for the silent auction.  And you'll be supporting a wonderful cause, finding a cure for breast cancer!

Gold plated crow claw ring with hiddenite gem. 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate