Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Thursday, August 15, 2013

Vespa Collection coming soon


Earlier in the summer I found a tiny wasp nest and then a bigger one, and it had seemed that our apartment had a perfect setting for wasps to make their nests.  Of course I thought, let me cast this little nest.  And I did, then I began to study the nest and noticed it had a five wall pattern, a pentagon.  

Then I began to play with the shape in the studio, I initially wanted to incorporate the cast nest into structured pieces but it just didn't go together well.  And the further I played the more the pentagon became a shape that I wanted to repeatedly use.

Thus, the Vespa collection, vespa is the latin term for hornets.  The name stuck with me and I decided to call my fall/winter collection Vespa.  This collection, ironically enough is perfect for the black and gold exhibition/jewelry in motion fashion show I'm co-producing for Art Avenue.  

I'm releasing the jewelry on Monday, September 2nd.  I don't think I've ever been more excited about a collection, I think it's because it's a bit of a departure for me from my previous collections and barely has cast elements which gives me a break from the process (as much as I love it)!

Here is just a teeny sneak peak of the collection....
Vespa ring, faceted citrine and sterling silver.  All rights reserved.  Photo by Lisette Fee
Vespa ring, faceted citrine and sterling silver.  All rights reserved.  Photo by Lisette Fee
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate