Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Tuesday, April 23, 2013

belated Earth Day

I completely forgot yesterday was Earth Day and now I realize, it's really silly to designate one day to the earth; everyday we should honor mother earth.  I try, with small things, like recycling and consuming less, eating local food and purchasing local goods.  Small steps add up and can make big differences.  Very akin to the butterfly effect.  

Speaking of which; on Saturday while car shopping my fiance found a poor broken-winged moth attempting to lay her eggs.  Such beautiful creatures and so soft.  We realized that with the broken wing the moth was going to die.  I've kept her in my car, contemplating on making her into jewelry.  We shall see. 

I hope that you take steps everyday to reduce your consumable imprint on the earth.  Thanks for reading!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate