Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Saturday, December 22, 2012

My new studio space at Art Avenue

Moving out of the ECU metals studio took a bit of a push but once I started packing my stuff I realized that I was very much ready for a new chapter in my life.

I'm so very excited about the possibilities at Art Avenue; currently we're awaiting a city grant to move forward with renovating the space for roughly 10 private studio spaces.   It's so necessary for a recent art graduate to have some kind of working space, which most of us have a hard time finding.  But with Art Avenue, there is so much potential.  Working with Jeremy Fineman, Claire Edwards, Andy Denton and Autumn Brown...it feels fresh and exciting!

And the Gallery space is huge, we have a great location and large windows to showcase handmade artistic work.  I'm praying to the art gods that we receive a blessing in the form of this grant!
Front Gallery
Side wall of gallery.  My pieces are still up!
BEFORE photo of initial set up of my studio (I get my own room!! for now)
AFTER my studio with all my junk!
Jeremy's lovely bowls...I need to get one eventually.
The ceramic side of the 'active' studio
The soldering and kiln area.

And in the most final and exciting news is that i'll be able to set up a casting studio!!! With the help of Autumn and my boss at the Jewelry Dr., I'll have the equipment and space to do it myself.  I love the process of casting, watch the metal melt and turn into something I created...it's powerful.

Stay tuned for more news about Art Avenue and thank you for reading!
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this looks amazing! I'm so happy for you Lisette and good luck! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Eleni! I'm very excited about the possibilities!!!

    ReplyDelete

Translate