Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Monday, September 24, 2012

Talk the talk, walk the walk

I can't believe it's been almost 3.5 years since I moved to Greenville and also left Washington, DC and my old job at the Human Rights Campaign.  Sometimes it feels like 10 years ago!

Working at the Human Rights Campaign taught me so much and I feel so lucky to have worked there and with the amazing individuals that work tirelessly to further LGBT rights. 

With that said, every year I gift a piece of Eilisain Jewelry to the silent auction for their annual national dinner, held at the convention center in DC.  The National dinner is, how shall I say this, a big deal.  I'll never forget the first time I worked, I was starstruck, not just by the big names (Sarah Jessica Parker, Obama, Cyndi Lauper, Lady Gaga, Tim Gunn, to name a few) but by how exciting it was to celebrate all the hard work we'd done and also look to the future.

I decided the badger claw pendant would be a perfect gift, it represents a tough animal. 

Some badger totem info: The power of the Badger totem is its aggressiveness and the willingness to fight for what it wants.This aggression can also be turned to healing - for Badger is the keeper of Earth's healing herbs. Badger people are quick to express their feelings  without concern for the consequences. They are often healers who have the courage to use unconventional methods. Badger has the ability to persist to find a cure. Badger people are often leaders and bosses, the one who will get the job done. 
Ancient bronze badger claw pendant.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate