Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Thursday, September 27, 2012

Protecting wild and endangered species

I've been donating to The Center for Biological Diversity for several years and it's been even more important for me to support them and other environmental protection groups since incorporating animal remains in my jewelry.   The CBD works through science, law and creative media to ensure a future for all species, big or small. 

I don't think most people realize how interconnected humans are to animals and how just a small change in their environment can greatly affect our future.  I try everyday to do small things myself, recycling, reusing and bringing my lunch in a reusable container.  I hope you do too and maybe, if you can make a small donation to the CBD or any environmental protection organization. 

And thanks for reading!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate