Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Saturday, September 15, 2012

preview...anticipation

Just a little preview of what I've been working on in the studio.

I haven't written much about school or the fact that I'm graduating this December...I'm excited, sad and anxious all at the same time.  When I think about my skill level three years ago, I'm very proud of how far I've come and how much better I am at finishing jewelry, my integrity and design level.  That's not to say I still have so much to learn but I'm very happy with where I am now.

I've also reconciled what kind of artist and jeweler I want to be.  I think in our profession, especially coming from an art school perspective, there is the mindset of becoming that you must either be an art jeweler or a production jeweler however I want to be both.  I love creating multiples of my casting and varying them yet I truly enjoy making weird, funny and quirky pieces. 

So on to the preview...I'm not telling what this wax model came from but I will say that these creatures walk very slow and are one of the oldest in the world.  I can't wait to see how the castings come out and the reaction of my customers. 

Wax model of my SS 2013 line...still haven't come up with a name yet.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate