Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Purple lace

I have to say, I miss screenprinting.  I really enjoyed the class, so I've continued, on my own to do some printing, mainly for my jewelry and displaying it on these lovely little cards.  They were supposed to be boxes but it's just too much work constructing them!

These sweet lil' cards will be prefect for putting my earrings and having them for sales and such.

I have however, moved on from screenprinting to letterpress, which I'm taking this semester.  It's somewhat similar to screenprinting however it requires much more precise coordination and using magnesium plates which are used to mechanically transfer a jpeg image - almost like etching onto a plate.  I haven't started on my first project...of course I"m waiting until the last minute.  Anywho, I'm excited.

Also, I just listed my screenprinted totem cards, 4 for $6 in my Eilisain Etsy shop...check'em out!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate