Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Monday, January 2, 2012

Do as I say, not as I do


Y'know the old saying, giving someone advice but not taking your own?

I feel a bit like that myself, when it comes to pricing and evaluating my work. I try to dispense the knowledge and advice from other makers yet, I tell myself I'm too busy to sit down and evaluate the time and costs it takes to make my jewelry. And for that reason I'm doing a complete overhaul and review of my work, pricing, logo, and general design.

I hope that you, my supporters and fans will be understanding when you see the changes; I've come to the realization that I've been undervaluing my work and my own time and energy spent on my pieces and it really isn't fair to me.

So here goes to the big leap and beyond!

P.S. Thinking I need to add another book on selling to my library, maybe Marlene's...
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. This book is excellent. I have had the start of a blog post on it for about a year but haven't gotten round to finishing a write up about it.

    Loads of information and really good information to think about to see if what you are doing is right and ideas of what you _should_ be doing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already have 2 books on how to sell and work in the craft/art jewelry field but I'm seriously considering buying it - but from your comment, I think it'll still be worthwhile to purchase.

    ReplyDelete

Translate