Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Monday, January 9, 2012

Blackest black


My most prized Christmas present, black coral from my cousins that visited this holiday season from Panama.

Isn't it beautiful? My uncle has a friend in Panama that found it along the beaches of Panama. As much as I love the beauty of black coral, I've decided that this is the last piece of black coral I will work with as the implications of even removing it from the beaches still engenders the need for more...I love it but I love the ocean and it's survival more.

I've already made a cuff bracelet with it. I think I may cast the latice work of it...we'll see how that goes?!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate