Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Saturday, February 5, 2011

Defining myself as an artist

That is what I've been trying to do for the past several weeks, slowly but surely perfecting my artist statement.

How do I make it unique and define what my work means? Half the time, I'm not sure what it means, I'm just making and processing my own creative thoughts through my medium, metal and other materials.

I've always had a hard time expressing myself and when I write that I mean, just using the English language that makes sense and sounds good.

I'm making progress though, there are strong themes in my jewelry; my life living and traveling abroad and the connection to my family and organic materials.

It's tough to define one's work but in the end, it's so beneficial to be able to know how to talk about what your work means.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate