Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Sunday, December 19, 2010

well rested

Is how I felt all weekend. I spent Saturday cleaning my apartment, exercising and relaxing. It was wonderful not to have any pressure to go into the studio.

I did go into the studio for several hours today. I tried repairing some of the dents in my mother's silver cup. However, mid-way through I discovered a solder seam come very slightly apart. I stopped planishing at that point because I'm not as sure of soldering a seam in an old cup.

I sanded the bottom and top of the cup with 2500 grit paper and then polished with tripoli then rouge. I'm considering taking it to my old employers, and friends, Lawrence at Lawrence Miller & Co., to get his expert opinion.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate