Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Friday, December 17, 2010

recent gifts and trades

I love, love, LOVE studying in such a fresh and creative environment. That's how it is at ECU, seeing what and how other artists make, it's always invigorating and stimulating.

I got this sweet brooch from Laura Wood at the ECU metals guild secret santa swap. The brooch is set in oxidized sterling silver, set with paper that Laura made (Laura is the paper master around ECU) in which the pearls are peaking out. It's simply beautiful and elegant.

Then I traded with a wood graduate student, Stephanie (I don't know her last name). Stephanie's work has much ritualistic and religious meaning. She works with wood, leather, feathers, metal and cord wrapping.
Stephanie's bracelet is really comfortable and cool. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate