Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Sunday, November 28, 2010

a new treasure

While visiting my parents for Thanksgiving, and helping my Mom set the table one evening, I came across the silver repoussed cup below. At least I think it's repousse, I'm not sure how the beautiful art nouveau design was done.

I immediately persuaded my Mom to let me repair the dents and polish it...and keep it! muahahaha, no I'm kidding, knowing my Mom she will make sure she gets it back. I'm always asking her to give me some beautiful old jewelry or clothing of hers.

It was my Mom's Aunt's cup, I just love how the stone is set and the engraved initials are arranged.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate