Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Here's to a prosperous 2015



This year was full of so many wonderful and amazing memories.  It was also a year of incredible growth for me, professionally and artistically.

It's ironic though that I've somewhat put off writing this post, mainly because I've wanted to enjoy a bit of downtime and give myself time to just relax and process everything.   But I can't put it off any longer, as in the back of my mind I know that it's time to move forward and plan for 2016.

So with that said I'll go over my top 5 highlights of the 2015.

1.  The Brigid Collection rang in the new year with a wonderful burst of fertile energy.  And honestly, Brigid (my patron deity - the smith, healer and mother goddess) could not have been a more appropriate name. 

We shot the collection in a cemetery with a beautiful couple, Ashleigh Bowden and Christopher Johnson.  And I teamed up with some amazingly talented people, Aileen Devlin (ya'll know her by now!), Amanda Adkins of the Lucky Owl Shop, Meagan Wilson of Meagan Wilson Makeup and Ryan Shackleford (videographer). 

I'm incredibly proud of this collection and the beautiful lookbook.  It's probably one of my favorites.
Brigid lookbook, Photo by Aileen Devlin.
2.  The Bast Collection
Another collection and lookbook that I just loved.  It was so perfect and appropriate.  I'm a bit nervous that I won't be able to top it but I'll definitely try! 

Bast OOAK necklace, photo by Tara Locklear.
 3.  I participated in more shows than I ever thought I would and I received some great press for it.  Like the feature below in the Washington City Paper article.  Crafty Bastards is one of my best shows and I was incredibly happy to be accepted in my old 'home' city. 

Indie Craft Experience show in Atlanta.
 4.  I received some amazing custom jewelry requests that challenged me.
I'm just so blessed, I thank my angels and lucky stars for the wonderful people that believe in me and my creativity.  Caroline Hedgepeth commissioned me to make a very sentimental momento mori piece for her father.  Which is probably one of the most special pieces I've ever made.  Pictured below.

Another commissioned piece with a faux sapphire held in place with silver crow claws. 
 5.  I have my first official assistant/intern, Ashton Neibel. 
Ashton contacted me in mid August regarding an internship, which I can't say how time appropriate this was, I needed her help and assistance more than ever before.  Ashton is super talented and dedicated to the craft of jewelry and I'm just so grateful for her.

There is probably so much more I could review and write about but honestly these are the best parts of what happened this year. 

As always, thank you for reading!
Stay lovely and have a happy new year!!
xoxo
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate