Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Pocosin Arts Workshops


 Living in North Carolina, I've come to realize is a hub for makers and crafters.  In addition, there are quite a few schools and places to learn trades and take workshops.

As you know from my posts from several years ago, Penland is one of them (up in the Western mountains of NC) as well as Pocosin Arts, on the other side of the state.

I'm a bit embarrassed that I've never attended a workshop at Pocosin nor have I written a post about how wonderful this Art center is! Pocosin Arts has a great metalsmithing studio along with residencies and workshops (many of my friends have been instructors there).

Thus I want you to know about the upcoming workshops at Pocosin Arts, one of them being taught by my good friend Laritza Garcia (aka my Mexican adventure traveling buddy). 

Laritza's work uses the method of powdercoating to add color and durability to her pieces.  They're super fun and vibrant, just like Laritza! 

Check out this workshop and apply for the scholarship, you just might get one!




As always, thanks for reading!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate